The Secretariat of the Steering Committee of the Eastern Partnership (EaP) Civil Society Forum is looking to appoint a full-time Communications Manager
Communications Manager’s Profile
Communications Manager will have:
- a good knowledge of communication tools
- good understanding of the workings of the EU institutions, bilateral and multi-lateral tracks of the Eastern Partnership, and civil society in the EaP
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, European Studies, International Relations or other related field
- Fluent in English and Russian and able to interact verbally and in writing with professionalism; knowledge of French is an advantage
- Capacity to draft clear and concise correspondence and effectively convey messages in English and Russian
- Good understanding of website management and social media; basic understanding of website hosting
- Minimum five years of relevant working experience in an international setting (consultancy, NGO, or an international organisation) with at least two year of working experience in Brussels
- Experience in grant application writing is an advantage
- Independent, problem solver, team player
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasker with strong organisational skills
- Flexibility to perform a wide variety of tasks in a small office.
- Ability to travel occasionally to the EaP partner countries and within Europe
- Ability to start not later than early August 2013.
Under the guidance of Secretariat’s Director Communications Manager will:
- ensure effective delivery of information and communications to the Steering Committee (SC), Working Groups (WGs), National Platforms (NPs), and participants of the Civil Society Forum;
- liaise with EU institutions;
- support the organisation of Steering Committee meetings and other events;
- assist Director in preparation of agendas of SC and WGs meetings and other events;
- develop website and social media content and provide regular updates to the organisation’s website, Facebook, Twitter, and other accounts in English and Russian;
- monitor EaP platform meetings, other expert meetings and developments at EU level;
- set up meetings and take minutes;
- develop and maintain projects’ database;
- support Director in preparation of grant applications;
- occasionally translate documents from English into Russian/Russian into English;
- carry out administrative tasks including travel arrangements;
- other duties as assigned by the Director.
Applications and interviews
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and Motivation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd of July 2013 with the reference: “Communications Manager”. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. The interviews will be conducted in Brussels or via Skype in late July or early August.
About the Forum and the Secretariat
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum was established in 2009 and aims to support Eastern European countries' sustainable reform process with a view to accelerating their political association and economic integration with the EU. The Forum strengthens the diversity and plurality of public discourse and policymaking by holding governments and public authorities accountable to the commitments made in the joint declaration of the Prague Eastern Partnership summit, signed by the EU and the governments of the six Partner countries. See archive.eap-csf.eu for further details.
The Secretariat of the Forum was registered in 2012 as an international non-profit organisation in Brussels, Belgium. The Secretariat serves as an information, coordination and expertise hub for the participants of the Forum, the bodies of the Forum, and stakeholders in Brussels and EaP partner countries. It works to support the activities of the Steering Committee and enhance the visibility of the Forum.