The first High Level Meeting (HLM) of the Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation (GPEDC) will be held in Mexico City on 15-16 April 2014 with an expected 1,300 - 1,500 delegates from various development stakeholders. CSO Partnership for Development Effectiveness opened call for nomination of CSO representatives at the CSO Forum, which will be held on the 14th of April and High Level Meeting of the Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation – HLM GPEDC that will take place on 15-16 April. The CSOs are currently provided 160 slots for the HLM GPEDC, including foreign and local CSOs and CSO speakers at the HLM GPEDC. European Region has all together 8 seats divided between three European Representatives in the Global Council of the CSO Partnership for Development Effectiveness (CPDE) and five non-Global Council members (3 self-funded and 2 funded by CPDE to which preference will be given to non-EU sub-region).
Selected participants are expected to:
• Participate in national, regional, continental and/or thematic consultations/meetings (as per the case) in preparation for the HLM;
• Stimulate and take part in preparatory CSO discussions for the HLM, and contribute to the CSO Forum (14 April);
• Attend CSO preparatory and debriefing meetings arranged before, after or during the official sessions at HLM;
• Commit to a timely, thorough and informative sharing of feedback reports on the participation to the operational and decision-oriented official HLM meetings in order for the CSO Secretariats to coordinate report-back and strategy meetings (e.g. blog or video messages);
• Ensure timely, thorough and informative feedback to the national, regional and international CSO stakeholders following the meeting, to reflect back the processes and outcomes, as well as the implications thereof for action and advocacy.
Any requests for participation directed to the CPDE Global Secretariat will be forwarded to the appropriate constituency groups. Any other submissions that are not coursed through this process will not be entertained by the CPDE Global Secretariat.
European region representatives of the Global Council are Justin Kilcullen (European Region), Inka Pibilova (EU sub-region) and Vazha Salamadze (Eastern Europe and Balkan sub-region).
Deadline for submitting the applications is 13 March (Thursday) 5pm CET to Zuzana Sladkova at Zuzana.email@example.com. Selected European Representatives are expected actively participate at the CSO Forum and to attend HLM GPEDC (from 14 till 16 April).
Anex 1 - Application
Anex 2- Financial support
Anex 3 - Organizational Endorsement Form
Information on selection process