The Secretariat of the Steering Committee of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum is accepting applications for the vacancy of Finance and Administrative Manager.
Job location: Brussels, Belgium
Start date: mid-February 2014
Time period: until 31 December 2014 with a possibility of extension
Finance and Administrative Manager (part-time can be considered)
Specific duties of the Financial and Administrative Manager include:
- Preparing Secretariat’s annual operating budget and other projects’ budgets when needed;
- Advising on new or updated policies and procedures and ensuring they are taken into consideration when designing and implementing projects;
- Processing of all day-to-day financial transactions, including invoices, purchase orders, expense reimbursements of the Secretariat and its staff;
- Preparing financial reports in accordance with the terms and conditions specified by donors;
- Monitoring budgets including recommending effective approaches to track and manage these budgets;
- Producing financial analysis for use in planning and decision making;
- Responsible for compliance with donors’ requirements for audit;
- Maintains and updates accurate administrative and financial project data and prepares monthly submissions to the accountant;
- Liaises with auditors, donor agencies/ministries, financial services of partners and vendors;
- Carries out all Secretariat’s purchasing activities; ensures satisfactory delivery of goods or services;
- Prepares contracts and liaises with contractors and consultants to ensure satisfactory delivery of services;
- Manages petty cash;
- Prepares travel-related documents and supports other staff members in event management when necessary;
- Liaises with building management on common services issues;
- Ensures adequate maintenance of office space and facilities services;
- Exercises control over non-expendable property, supplies and materials;
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned or required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, International Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years related finance or general administration experience, including grants management and budget preparation, preferably in an international environment;
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Strong understanding of compliance with grants regulations and experience in submitting financial reports to the European Union, and other donors would be an asset;
- Strong ability to establish priorities, work within tight timelines and multi-task;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with high level of resilience;
- Good team player with strong inter-personal skills;
- Excellent knowledge of English and preferably good command of Russian;
- be methodical, accurate and organised;
- be able to respect strict confidentiality.
Applications and interviews
CV and motivation letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight CET the 30th of January 2014 (extended to 5th of February) with the reference: “Finance and Administrative Manager”. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. The interviews will be conducted in Brussels in early February.
About the Forum and the Secretariat
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum was established in 2009 and aims to support Eastern European countries' sustainable reform process with a view to accelerating their political association and economic integration with the EU. The Forum strengthens the diversity and plurality of public discourse and policymaking by holding governments and public authorities accountable to the commitments made in the joint declaration of the Prague Eastern Partnership summit, signed by the EU and the governments of the six Partner countries. See archive.eap-csf.eu for further details.
The Secretariat of the Forum was registered in 2012 as an international non-profit organisation in Brussels, Belgium. The Secretariat serves as an information, coordination and expertise hub for the participants of the Forum, the bodies of the Forum, and stakeholders in Brussels and Eastern Partnership partner countries. It works to support the activities of the Steering Committee and enhance the visibility of the Forum.